Poll: Include Hax-Jump in AC?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, as they are
15.91%
7 15.91%
Yes, with changes in favor of fair play
47.73%
21 47.73%
No
36.36%
16 36.36%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Leave or remove double-jump?
Called "hax-jump". I am going to refer to it as double-jump from here on. I feel like it should be implemented into the game. The time between keys for the combination should be increased, making it easier to do. We have (accidentally) discovered a whole new fun element to AC and I feel it would be a shame to get rid of it. This is my thought. Please vote because I don't want AC to be controlled completely by one or two viewpoints that have sole power to change it.
Thanks given by: 1Cap
this forum have 1000+ registered members
what is the purpose? statistcs?

and haxjump change oficials map experience, so it change the game...
Thanks given by:
(09 Oct 16, 11:29PM)1Cap Wrote: this forum have 1000+ registered members
what is the purpose? statistcs?

and haxjump change oficials map experience, so it change the game...

That's your opinion. And that's what votes are for. We won't be able to get everyone that plays to vote. But we can represent a percentage.
Thanks given by:
we can ask the players in the game. this way we will have a percentage related to active players.
I can help with this if you allow me.
this way we will have a valid statistical ...
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 16, 03:12AM)1Cap Wrote: we can ask the players in the game. this way we will have a percentage related to active players.
I can help with this if you allow me.
this way we will have a valid statistical ...

You're more than welcome to
Thanks given by:
leave it and work toward removing the bind. haxjumping should be encouraged on ac it is a skill that can be developed through practice no different than aim/rifle sprinting. I invite all of you to learn how to do it without the bind as I and many others have and maybe you will think differently about it. by removing this you do nothing but kill the creativity of your players and how they are able to express themselves on any map. The thought of ac without this ability has startled me.
Thanks given by: Federico. , xemi , josivo
[Image: GVkQ1U8_CmecJJuvHzOlg8hjHFZOJsj3BiLOTu_W...426-h319-p]
Thanks given by: BaDMonkey
Just leave it and remove the ability to bind both jump and crouch at the same time
Thanks given by:
FYI: all those bugs have been fixed over a year ago
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 16, 02:52PM)stef Wrote: FYI: all those bugs have been fixed over a year ago

True, but how about implementing it as an actual feature? Or (as much as you hate it) leave the bug there, removing hax jump pretty much kills the gema community which as small as it is, it's still a big chunk of the people that play this game, all because its a bug so it must be fixed.

Removing hax jump would more or less kill the game, as dead as it is already.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 16, 04:04PM)BaDMonkey Wrote: removing hax jump pretty much kills the gema community

Gema "players" can use any game release they want, because they don't really need other players on a server. Even after the next AC release, the current one (and all previous ones) will still be available.

btw, the gema community was "killed" many times before - for example, with every change of the AR kickback.

Gema maps usually intentionally exploit game bugs - and therefore break, whenever a bug is fixed. Feel free to check the git logs for how many bugs have been fixed during the last two years. If you want the bugs, play the old versions.

(10 Oct 16, 04:04PM)BaDMonkey Wrote: as dead as it is already.

Is this supposed to make anyone listen to you? It's not working.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 16, 04:41PM)stef Wrote:
(10 Oct 16, 04:04PM)BaDMonkey Wrote: as dead as it is already.

Is this supposed to make anyone listen to you? It's not working.
?

No i'm just stating the games situation at the moment, how is that supposed to make people listen to me?
Thanks given by:
stef, I am aware you dislike me, and love handing out 'warning points' to me every chance you get... but you are not being democratic here at all. And no need to be rude to fellow members of the AC community. I really wish someone could get through to you and make you understand how petty and tyrannical you act. You are not the monarch of AC. The game is open-source and community maintained. You are not the community, only part of it, despite your contributions to the game. By the way, your contributions would be way more appreciated if you were more democratic.
Thanks given by:
Your contributions begin with posting offtopic crap on the forum and end with sending me insults via PM every time someone else gives you warning points. Due to your behaviour, I stopped taking you seriously a long time ago - which means, I don't care, what you think.

Even though the matter was settled over a year ago, no one closed your pointless "democratic" poll about reinstating a bug. What more do you want?

The actual democratic decision about the question, if the next release with hundreds of bugs fixed is better than 1.2 will be made, when the next release is out. Players have then to decide, if they move to the new version or stay with 1.2. If possible, the 1.2 master server will stay online.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 16, 08:44PM)stef Wrote: which means, I don't care, what you think.

hi stef.
your grammar is pretty good, but you didn't need the second comma between care and think :) because reading that it would pretty much become "which means what you think" right?
i don't like hax jump but yolo do what you want

thanks
Thanks given by:
Tbh he is just fixing bugs. I dont see why you need opinions on that or how that can even be democratic

Defending stef, never knew the day would come. Threw up in my mouth a little
Thanks given by:
Sry. I spent my evening on a replacement for akimbo instead of proofreading my posts.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 16, 08:44PM)stef Wrote: ... If possible, the 1.2 master server will stay online.

As much as I personally dislike seeing hax jump being removed in future versions, I do like the possibility of the 1.2 MS being up along side the new release for those that wish to not move on. Honestly a more than kind gesture if it does go through.

Overall defending stef on this one, as he has already made a few good points (to which some SHOULD consider looking into). And to be perfectly honest, hax jumping can be abused to ungodly extent in the right hands (yeah, not gonna sugar coat it). Here's to a better tomorrow, and a possibility of a renewed community. Cheers!
Thanks given by:
This may be a very unpopular opinion....

The game's skill cap is already extremely low. If features were implemented (non-randomly for the love of god) to increase the skill cap, the game would become more interesting and take longer to learn. It's something the competitive base has been saying for awhile now. Rewarding players who take the time to learn the mechanics can only be a good thing as the game progresses. Edge-jumping then "hax-jumping" were two unintended but vital (interesting?) additions to game mechanics. What made hax-jumping horrible is that players like myself never tried to learn how to do it because it was impossible to tell who was binding and who was doing it naturally.

I don't know about the rest of the AC community but I always assume the worst of people.......

^sarcasm for the uninitiated.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 16, 08:44PM)stef Wrote: Your contributions begin with posting offtopic crap on the forum and end with sending me insults via PM every time someone else gives you warning points. Due to your behaviour, I stopped taking you seriously a long time ago - which means, I don't care, what you think.

I generally post off-topic crap in the off-topic forums. And I send you insulting pm's because I feel you deserve for someone to do it with the way you treat people on this forum. Also, 2 out of the last 3 times I got warning points they were from you. Not to mention the fact that you banned me from the forum for 6 months or some other ridiculous amount of time for something that really didn't deserve such a reaction.
Also, that is not the extent of my contributions. I am not great at coding or scripting, but I have contributed in other ways when it has been possible for me, and more often when you weren't so directly involved in moderation and soured me towards doing so. And for you to continue to berate me and belittle my contributions is insulting without reason, and only shows the exact attitude I speak of. You continue to convey that you think you are better than me.
Now, how about let's just stop this, because I am destined to eventually get so pissed at it all that I stop being involved with this game forever. It has been a part of my life for a long time, and I don't want to let it go for some silly measuring contest that unfair circumstance will force me to lose.
I can be a tool. I get irritated and post stupid things and say stupid things. I also tend to apologize because my fingers often move faster than my brain. Nearly a decade involved with this game is quite some time and I am not the same person I once was, though a glimmer of douche-bag still shines out of me more often than I would like. It's hard to get away from things written and stored on a forum, even though I may not feel the same way anymore, it's still there. I look back at some of the threads and posts I've made and feel extremely embarrassed.
Take a look at your posts and tell me that you haven't been rude. Most of what you seem to do on this forum is insult people and make sarcastic statements, then turn around and "punish" those that do the same.
You win. I have nothing more to say to you. So please, let's go back to that whole avoiding each other thing, and keep this discussion civil and on-topic.
Thanks given by:
useless thread untill here is only one dev with only his vision of the game
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 16, 02:42AM)Boomhauer Wrote: I also tend to apologize
No, that's a lie.

Boomhauer, your first message to me was a plea to moderate harder on all those idiots who kept derailing your threads.

You do like strict moderation, if it suits you.

You only got pissed, when you got warning points for derailing the threads of others. Go figure.

btw, this thread is only still open, because closing it would just taint other threads - and it can't be moved to offtopic, because it would be off topic there. Also, there was never coming anything useful out of it anyway...
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 16, 10:30AM)stef Wrote:
(11 Oct 16, 02:42AM)Boomhauer Wrote: I also tend to apologize
No, that's a lie.

Boomhauer, your first message to me was a plea to moderate harder on all those idiots who kept derailing your threads.

You do like strict moderation, if it suits you.

You only got pissed, when you got warning points for derailing the threads of others. Go figure.

btw, this thread is only still open, because closing it would just taint other threads - and it can't be moved to offtopic, because it would be off topic there. Also, there was never coming anything useful out of it anyway...

No, it's not a lie. A few times I have sent pm's to people apologizing to them for being a prick. You wouldn't know this. I have also publicly apologized for equally public stupidity. Because I haven't apologized to you doesn't mean I don't do it at all.

Also, this thread SHOULD remain open, and that should be the only reason it does. The only person continuing to derail it happens to be you. And there would be no valid reason whatsoever for you to delete it, save out of spite towards me. So your comment "the only reason this thread is still open" etc once again proves my point about your tyrannical moderating on this forum.

And I do not like strict moderation. I like fair moderation. And if I was saying or doing something that deserves moderation then I accept that. I also expect fair treatment across the board. Say what you will, I feel like you target me with biased unfair "punishment" for things other people tend to get away with.

Now again, if you're done trying to have the last word and threatening me with more petty finger-wagging, I would like this thread to return to it's original purpose.
Thanks given by:
report report report

lots of blabla about other stuff
needs more blabla about the actual topic
Thanks given by:
In total so far it looks like nearly twice as many people want the double-jump to remain in AC, in one way or another.
Thanks given by:
I'd love to keep hax-jump while getting rid of the bind. However, if it's impossible or difficult to do that then removing it is an improvement as well, in my opinion at least.
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 16, 06:03PM)gy_be Wrote: I'd love to keep hax-jump while getting rid of the bind. However, if it's impossible or difficult to do that then removing it is an improvement as well, in my opinion at least.

https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/pull/88
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 16, 06:46PM)|HP| Wrote: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/pull/88

Glancing at that PR it simply prohibits using jump and crouch in the same sequence of semicolon separated commands, right? Seems easy to work around (e.g. using execute or for loop with one iteration).
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 16, 07:16PM)gy_be Wrote:
(11 Oct 16, 06:46PM)|HP| Wrote: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/pull/88

Glancing at that PR it simply prohibits using jump and crouch in the same sequence of semicolon separated commands, right? Seems easy to work around (e.g. using execute or for loop with one iteration).

Within ac? I dont think so. "Problem" are the third party macros.
Doesnt matter anyway! If Stef leaves the 1.2 MS, its not a big deal.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 16, 10:07PM)Marti Wrote: Tbh he is just fixing bugs. I dont see why you need opinions on that or how that can even be democratic

Defending stef, never knew the day would come. Threw up in my mouth a little

what is it that you dont understand? not all bugs need to be fixed. thats what the poll is about
Thanks given by: