Make a wish #2: Voting
Any thoughts on the voting system?
Thanks given by:
The voting system is needed only in public servers, half+ of public players are ignoring the voting system, so a vote should pass even if less than half of the players voted.
Enough of the 6-0 votes that won't pass on a 14 players server.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 14, 12:15PM)ExodusS Wrote: The voting system is needed only in public servers, half+ of public players are ignoring the voting system, so a vote should pass even if less than half of the players voted.

we tried it, was terrible
Thanks given by:
Make players in spectator mode aren't counted and don't get a say
Thanks given by:
3 second time limit to change your vote?
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 14, 02:53PM)MykeGregory Wrote: 3 second time limit to change your vote?

I agree with this 100%. Sometimes you accidentally vote for the wrong option, and being able to change your vote would be really nice.
Thanks given by:
Why is a time limit even needed?
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 14, 03:52PM)PhaNtom Wrote: Why is a time limit even needed?

EDIT: I misunderstood. I agree with PhaNtom, there should not be a time limit on changing your vote.
Thanks given by:
If someone joined a server mid game and their play time is less than 3 minutes, do not allow them to start a vote (for a new map at least.)
Thanks given by:
you need parser of server log and one public server with custom codes, successful kick after teamkill, successful bans per voting, count of map voting , count of forceteam and shuffle team etc. i would even search words such "fucking voting" or "wtf" after voting ...
Thanks given by:
1. There should be default setting, that after own voting there should disappear full voting info and appear, for example on the top middle or on the right, simple info: "yes: X , no: Y" (for example for "hidevote 1"). Maybe then people, which vote rarely, will vote often, in order to remove voting information covered half of display. :)
2. "setnext" should be more useful and attractive (or removed ;p). https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/issues/23
3. Passed voting for a new map in the last minute shouldn't change map immediately, but after end of current match.
4. IMO at least half of players should vote yes (I don't know, whether somebody reverted this: http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Votin...s_and_Fail, an if not, how it really influences on voting).
5. AFK players shouldn't be counted, unless they voted.
6. "3 second time limit to change your vote?" - imo good idea
7. "w Lower - Can vote to kick/ban for "weak" reasons. A "weak" reason is one where the server can't detect if the player being voted against is lagging, teamkilling, spamming or cheating." - huh?
Thanks given by:
It's ok like this,

Maybe the 3 second change could be usefull.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 14, 06:44PM)SKB Wrote: If someone joined a server mid game and their play time is less than 3 minutes, do not allow them to start a vote...
This could fix the problem of when people call a vote, disconnect the server when it's about to fail and then call it again, rinsing and repeating.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 14, 01:06PM)XFA Wrote: Make players in spectator mode aren't counted and don't get a say

What about people who are spectating in hopes to confirm that someone is a cheater?

(11 Jun 14, 06:12PM)Zarjio Wrote: EDIT: I misunderstood. I agree with PhaNtom, there should not be a time limit on changing your vote.

This ^^

(11 Jun 14, 06:44PM)SKB Wrote: If someone joined a server mid game and their play time is less than 3 minutes, do not allow them to start a vote (for a new map at least.)

This ^^
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 14, 12:15PM)ExodusS Wrote: The voting system is needed only in public servers, half+ of public players are ignoring the voting system, so a vote should pass even if less than half of the players voted.
Actually, players know, that they don't have to vote "no", since ignoring the vote has the same effect. You can't count them as "don't care". Ignoring the vote also has the advantage of keeping the vote alive until it times out - which helps against voting spam.

How would you like the voting information to be a "second page" of the scoreboard? (press TAB or die to see the scoreboard, then scroll the mousewheel to see the other page)

I think, there should also be some kind of a flag, that every player could set for himself (by pressing a key, for example), to signal "I like this match (map+mode) and want to play it to the end - I vote 'no' on all map votes" - which would block map votes completely, as soon as more than half of the players have set it. It would signal others, when it is pointless to call a map vote.
Thanks given by:
About the reasons: well, I think there's shouldn't be a 'weak' reason for them. why? basically to avoid stupid who writes stupid comments on it.
[Image: k9aZ1so.jpg]

About the time limit: Yeah, It's a good idea to have 3 sec to change the vote, I think the unlimited time to vote will bring another way of abuse or maybe I'm wrong, idk.

For those who connect/reconnect to vote for a map or kick/ban a player; there's must be a quota vote based on IP's not cn or nickname. for example: 3 votes per match. or less if you want [only votes for maps or kick/ban, not shuffle or whatever]
Thanks given by:
bring back /claimmaster
Thanks given by:
K.I.S.S.

I have no hankering for any new frills methodology.... Just pass votes after disconnect, disallow reconnect voting <- No revelations here....

But what about making /setnext tdm ac_mapname the default behavior when someone votes from the menu, instead of calling a vote in place of the currently loaded game?

My thought is that, if players really want to get away from the current map, they can go through the extra step of typing it in the console.... i.e. /ctf ac_mapname
And then newer and/or less experienced players and vote spammers will only be calling votes for the next game, rather than interrupting the current game.... My logic is that most of these chronic map-voters are doing so from the menu.... Maybe presumptive, but I'd make that bet....
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 14, 12:03AM)MPx Wrote: About the reasons: well, I think there's shouldn't be a 'weak' reason for them. why? basically to avoid stupid who writes stupid comments on it.
[Image: k9aZ1so.jpg]

If he really did touch his tralala I think he is within his rights to be upset.

There definitely has to be something done about being unable to pass a vote when you have a certain crowd of players. I am certain there are players in the pubs who are genuinely too stupid to know how to vote. It is wise not to underestimate the power of stupidity.
Thanks given by:
Maybe adding definte reasons for kick and ban may stop vote abuse rather than allowing the user to post whatever reason he wants for ex : 1 tkill 2 abuse
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 14, 12:03AM)MPx Wrote: About the reasons: well, I think there's shouldn't be a 'weak' reason for them. why? basically to avoid stupid who writes stupid comments on it.
From my experience, at least allowing weak reasons allow you to vote. Sometimes its just a pain in the ass to kick a teamkiller or a hacker because the server reject every reason you try. FaD_Hipsterr's idea could fix that btw.

(14 Jun 14, 12:03AM)MPx Wrote: About the time limit: Yeah, It's a good idea to have 3 sec to change the vote, I think the unlimited time to vote will bring another way of abuse or maybe I'm wrong, idk.
Are you speaking about changing a F1 into a F2 (or the opposite)? If so, I think it would be a good idea. How many times did I failed a vote because I was trying to vote and play at the same time ;)

(14 Jun 14, 12:03AM)MPx Wrote: For those who connect/reconnect to vote for a map or kick/ban a player; there's must be a quota vote based on IP's not cn or nickname. for example: 3 votes per match. or less if you want [only votes for maps or kick/ban, not shuffle or whatever]

I agree. It can be quite annoying when someone vote spam using /reconnect. If you are fast enough and call a kick/ban he will just /reconnect and keep vote spam. Without admin you cant make him stop.

But a vote quota isn't the best idea. What if you have to kick laggers,hackers, abusers or if you have to shuffle or whateva? 1 shuffle, 2 kick and you're fucked :)
Same thing with a time limit between votes. What if a hacker start ruining the game and you have to wait 3 minutes until your next vote?
I don't know what would be the best solution I must say.

(03 Oct 14, 08:21AM)FaD_Hipsterr Wrote: Maybe adding definite reasons for kick and ban may stop vote abuse rather than allowing the user to post whatever reason he wants for ex : 1 tkill 2 abuse

If you want to vote abuse you will always find a way. People will just spam vote using the defined reasons.

But I agree with you. I think defined reasons (as complete as possible) would help a lot to avoid spam and bullshit votes.

I know the kick and ban options have been removed from the menu to avoid more spam but the kick menu would be necessary because we cant expect every player to know all kick/ban reason and spell them correctly.

(13 Jun 14, 01:49PM)stef Wrote: Actually, players know, that they don't have to vote "no", since ignoring the vote has the same effect. You can't count them as "don't care".
Sorry but I disagree with that.
If you don't say you disagree with something, people will just assume you agree. You cant complain that you didn't want this vote to pass if you didn't vote against. There is an F2 option, it's for people who disagree. People who don't vote just don't care. If they care they vote. If they are too lazy to vote then they don't care enough. And people who dont care shouldn't block a vote.

(11 Jun 14, 06:44PM)SKB Wrote: If someone joined a server mid game and their play time is less than 3 minutes, do not allow them to start a vote (for a new map at least.)

Changing map isn't always spam. I agree that if people are playing a map when you connect, you should play it since nobody forced you to joined this map. But sometimes people agree with you to play a new map.
Thanks given by:
I think reducing the no of votes for a person in a match to 3 with definite voting reasons can reduce the vote abuse ! As a specified earlier :)

Auto kick for laggers ! With ping greater than 250 and Autokick for 3 Tkills Autoban for 5tkills ! If a player needs to kick a player for another reasons like spam or abuse ! A new vote box with two reasons should solve the problem !
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 09:04AM)FaD_Hipsterr Wrote: Auto kick for laggers ! With ping greater than 250
And everyone stopped reading here.
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 10:34AM)Orynge Wrote:
(04 Oct 14, 09:04AM)FaD_Hipsterr Wrote: Auto kick for laggers ! With ping greater than 250
And everyone stopped reading here.

Not really. Out of a very few isolated places in the world, everyone is able to reach a nearby server where your ping is under 300, if not, then you are downloading or you lag too much to play decently with other players. The way the hits are calculated on AC and the way it differs with other FPS isn't an excuse to have a high ping when you can have a low one.
Thanks given by:
Atleast AC needs a 56kbps internet connection why do people need to download and lag while they are playing ! They could pause there downloads while playing or get a better internet connection ,if they want to do both ! :)
Thanks given by:
I would still rather see an autokick for too much ping jitter or pj lag. But honestly an auto ping kick at something like 300ms isn't a bad idea, playing at that ping isn't desirable for the player in question or his opponent(s) either. If I'm playing with Undead, for example, I'm happy to go to a server like gibbed.me where I have 140ms and he has 180ms simply because it's more enjoyable for both of us this way. As Exoduss said, if you can't get under 300ms ping to any server then you shouldn't really be playing.
Thanks given by:
True that :) Why should they be playing ? :| And setting Autokick for tkill and lag can reduce a lot of rage votes by players too :) !
Thanks given by:
There are already autokicks for teamate killing, I think you just didn't pay enough attention about it. But this time, I am against it, because it can happen to kill your teamate(s) many times, not because you are bad or because you do this on purpose or just you don't care about them. It often happens, especially with high-spread weapons to drop a single bullet on an end-life teamate, the server autokick for tk's is stupid, it just checks your score and it's evolution, once it reaches the treshold (set by the server owner), the player is kicked, then banned (depends of the treshold again).
The friendly-fire autokick is way smarter and checks how many times you shot a teammate (it doesn't matter how many damages you dealt, or if you killed someone), because you don't spend your time aiming and shooting your teamate, it won't kick you for non-intentional teamate kills.
Thanks given by:
^^ Now I seem to agree with you on that one !
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 12:03PM)ExodusS Wrote: Not really. Out of a very few isolated places in the world, everyone is able to reach a nearby server where your ping is under 300, if not, then you are downloading or you lag too much to play decently with other players. The way the hits are calculated on AC and the way it differs with other FPS isn't an excuse to have a high ping when you can have a low one.

no... ping is certainly not the issue... not below 400 at least...
the problem comes from unstable connections... you cant determine a connection is unstable from the ping at one moment...
Thanks given by: