AC 1.2 Guide
Hello! I took the time to write a guide to AC 1.2, it's destined towards scripting, not necessarily gameplay. It's still work in progress, so please tell me what you think, suggestions or corrections (I'm sure there are many). I add something new every once in a while, and I'm also sure some scripts could be done better, they are just the first thing that came to my mind when trying to implement some function with the CubeScript reference in front of me, I'm a beginner myself in CubeScripting.

Here's the link: AC 1.2 Guide
Thanks given by:
It's really impressive for a first start, thank's to take your time for this.
Try to add more scripts (in a competitive way and for tips) because casual player even don't know their existence;
Keep working and GL!
Thanks given by:
(12 Jan 14, 04:07PM)Krayce Wrote: It's really impressive for a first start, thank's to take your time for this.
Try to add more scripts (in a competitive way and for tips) because casual player even don't know their existence;
Keep working and GL!

Thank you for your answer! I will add scripts and tips as I discover/learn or remember them, whatever seems to be useful will go in there ;) I'm really hoping to make it a worthy resource for AC scripting.
Thanks given by:
Very nice guide :D
Thanks given by:
(12 Jan 14, 07:35PM)Casius Wrote: Very nice guide :D
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Nice ;)

Things I noticed, you forgot a few things in "Pickups", ammobox, pistol magazine and health... I would also add in there grenade, akimbo, helmet and kevlar since they also are pickup items and include for all of them the re-spawn delay.

In both "fog N" and "cleanshot" the screenshots are misaligned.

imo I would delete the "Switch to Spectator" script, there's no need to give such information away, even if you write in huge red fonts "Don't do it because it's cheating" almost sure that 50% (if not more) of players will do it or at least try and get banned.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 14, 08:58AM)Cleaner Wrote: Nice ;)

Things I noticed, you forgot a few things in "Pickups", ammobox, pistol magazine and health... I would also add in there grenade, akimbo, helmet and kevlar since they also are pickup items and include for all of them the re-spawn delay.

In both "fog N" and "cleanshot" the screenshots are misaligned.

imo I would delete the "Switch to Spectator" script, there's no need to give such information away, even if you write in huge red fonts "Don't do it because it's cheating" almost sure that 50% (if not more) of players will do it or at least try and get banned.

I know about the pick-ups, that section is not yet finished (I just got tired of making screenshots for each of them :) but I will eventually fill in the gaps).

Regarding the misaligned screenshots, I don't understand. Screenshots seem to be in their place, according to the command. Edit: If you mean the screenshot is above the command, then that was not the intention. First comes the command, the explanation, and then the screenshots.

As for the switch to spectator, I was almost sure it may raise discussions, but I believe it to be a good example on how to handle teams, maybe I can replace it with a switch to one of the teams instead spectator, I'll think about it. I will also add some /callvote explanations too. I didn't include an example on how to join back in, and I think if people want to cheat, they'll find a way anyway, a warning should be enough. But maybe I'll change it.

Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks given by:
This is what I meant about the screenshots misaligned, not that is very important but it doesn't look nice.

[Image: faf2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, that's strange, it looks fine to me in Firefox 26. I didn't try in Chrome or Opera though, this may be something in the CSS stylesheet. I'll have a look at it. Thanks for pointing that out.
Thanks given by:
I'm using Firefox as well btw.
Thanks given by:
Yay, Firefox sucks!
I have tried with Firefox and Opera...
Opera = No problem for me.
Thanks given by:
I updated the guide with a lot more info:
- added pick-ups, armor info
- added weapon RT, TBS, TTK, more weapon info, damage info
- added voting info, maprot info, config info
- added several new commands, admin scripts
- added tips
- added new screenshots
- several spelling fixes
Thanks given by:
Hey nice guide. There are a few things I'd refine in tips section.

"Tip: Throwing a nade on your head won't get you killed."

In fact, throwing a nade at yourself with full health will kill you, if the your proximity to said grenade is close enough and you have no armor. Grenades deal damage based on radius. While it is possible to survive a grenade hit, it is all very conditional on your distance.

"Tip: By default, the crosshair is white when your HP is over 50, turns orange when your HP is between 25 and 50, and turns red when your HP is under 25."

To this I would just add a line like "This feature can be disabled with /crosshairfx 0" or something like that. Many players I know find the change of color to be unnecessarily distracting.

Nice work, keep it up.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 14, 05:09PM)Waffles Wrote: Hey nice guide. There are a few things I'd refine in tips section.

"Tip: Throwing a nade on your head won't get you killed."

In fact, throwing a nade at yourself with full health will kill you, if the your proximity to said grenade is close enough and you have no armor. Grenades deal damage based on radius. While it is possible to survive a grenade hit, it is all very conditional on your distance.

"Tip: By default, the crosshair is white when your HP is over 50, turns orange when your HP is between 25 and 50, and turns red when your HP is under 25."

To this I would just add a line like "This feature can be disabled with /crosshairfx 0" or something like that. Many players I know find the change of color to be unnecessarily distracting.

Nice work, keep it up.

Thanks a bunch for your feedback! Regarding the nade, yes it has 200 damage so it will kill you if you're in its immediate proximity, however what I meant, and probably the way I put it in the tips section is a bit ambiguous, is that if you throw a nade immediately when your crosshair is up over your head, the nade will bounce a bit on your head when it falls back, thus not being exactly "on your head", so I guess that's why it doesn't kill you, or so it seems. I'm not at all familiar with how the engine works, so thanks for pointing this out.

/crosshairfx 0 - noted, I'll add it into the commands section.

Thanks again for your input!

Also, I'd like to ask for help in a matter regarding the while instruction. Any loop (not an infinite loop) keeps freezing AC for me and I have to kill it from the console. I'm following the exact example provided in-game by the while instruction:
/alias i 0; while [ (< $i 5) ][ echo $i; alias i (+ $i 1)]
This freezes AC. Am I doing something wrong, is this a bug?
Thanks given by:
Thank you for taking the time to make this guide... I don't have any immediate personal criticisms of it, and I likely have little I could give you in the way of advice as I am still somewhat n00b in regards to the extended use of cubescript...
However, looking through your section on admin scripts I noticed the following scripts:
alias a1 [setadmin 1 PASSWORD1]
alias a2 [setadmin 1 PASSWORD2]
alias a3 [setadmin 1 PASSWORD3]
bind KP1 [a1]
bind KP2 [a2]
bind KP3 [a3]
Useful as it is, I wanted to share my own spin for kicks and to throw my own two cents in here...

alias a1 [setadmin 1 PASSWORD1;setadmin 0]
alias a2 [setadmin 1 PASSWORD2;setadmin 0]
alias a3 [setadmin 1 PASSWORD3;setadmin 0]
bind KP1 [a1]
bind KP2 [a2]
bind KP3 [a3]
Doing it this way turns each of those keys into a switch for admin...
In 1.1 this would have taken it and dropped it simultaneously...
In 1.2 you press it once to claim and the again to release admin...
Well, that's it, for now...But thank you again for sharing the knowledge - nice project!
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 14, 03:43AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote:
bind KP1 [a1]
bind KP2 [a2]
bind KP3 [a3]
Well, that's it, for now...But thank you again for sharing the knowledge - nice project!

Thanks +f0r3v3r+ ! Hey, I didn't know that, somehow it eluded me. I was using the sleep command to somehow deal with it. This is great info, I'll make sure to change this stuff.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 14, 07:22AM)NK|Chris7mas Wrote:
(18 Jan 14, 03:43AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote:
bind KP1 [a1]
bind KP2 [a2]
bind KP3 [a3]

Thanks +f0r3v3r+ ! Hey, I didn't know that, somehow it eluded me. I was using the sleep command to somehow deal with it. This is great info, I'll make sure to change this stuff.

For sure, the other ways of doing it are effective examples, as well...It really just depends on the behavior the user prefers I suppose...
But keep up the good work mate!
Thanks given by:
Don't forget to write about the auto-download feature implemented since v1.2
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 14, 09:44AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: But keep up the good work mate!
Thanks, I'll try ;)

(18 Jan 14, 11:04AM)Cleaner Wrote: Don't forget to write about the auto-download feature implemented since v1.2
Noted for the following revision.
Thanks given by: